Provides support to customers for planning and execution of software upgrades and build updates for existing Mitel VoIP customers. Responsibilities may include planning and implementing server migrations associated to upgrades. Additional responsibilities may include single-site, smaller multi-site short-term VoIP projects. Evaluates project scope of work, and assesses resources and equipment requirements to complete scope of work. Utilizes standardized upgrade/migration methodology to insure efficient and affective completion of projects. Reviews and reports progress with stakeholders to ensure problems are properly addressed in a timely manner. Requires an associate’s degree and 2 years of experience in the field or 4+ years of field related experience. Familiar with VoIP concepts, deployment practices, and procedures to deploy VoIP systems. Relies on experience and judgment to properly plan and accomplish goals. Works under general supervision with a degree of creativity and latitude is required. Reports to Director of Service & Delivery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning and execution of software version and build upgrades for existing customers
- Focus on documenting and oversee resolution of customer issues as it pertains to upgrades
- Maintain enterprise level associated to current products that are supported (ShoreTel, Mitel, Microsoft server, Citrix, VMware, HyperV)
- Ongoing, regular updates to customers to keep them apprised of upgrade progress
- Technical assistance for hardware, software and/or applications
- Providing remote upgrade, migration, and installation and other professional services as needed.
- Experience with Microsoft Server Platforms 2008, 2012, and 2016
- Experience with Voice over IP
- Understanding of basic network concepts such as routing and subnetting, jitter, and latency
- Understanding of LAN and WAN principals
- Ability to use basic troubleshooting tools such as ping and tracert
- Must be a team player with excellent collaborative skills.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge, understanding, and practical application of basic computer systems including disk management, file systems, memory management and related concepts.
- Fast learner able to come up to speed rapidly on new technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to participate in multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to handle escalations and small projects with minimal supervision.
- ShoreTel/Mitel VoIP PBX, Enterprise Call Center
- Networking Skills including but not limited to: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP,
- SIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS.
- MS Server 2008, 2012, 2016; VMware 5.5, 6.0, 6.5; MS Hyper-V installation and management.
- ShoreTel/Mitel Converged Conferencing.
- Experience providing services in the VOIP, PBX and data communications fields.
- Hands-on experience with Wide Area Network technologies, including T1 circuits, point-to-point, and MPLS configurations, Switches, Routers, Hubs,
- Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, SSL Certificates.
- SIP media gateway experience.
- H.323 experience.
Education: Two years of college or technical school resulting in an associate’s degree or equivalent
Experience – (This means experience in a related area–time spent doing similar work that provides the background for the current position. The experience is to be considered in addition to any educational or skill requirements of the position):
Direct Field Experience required minimum 5 years.
Accreditation–Certification—Licenses (Preferred but not required):
ShoreTel-Mitel Administrator, VCP, MCSE, CCNA/NP
How to Apply:
Please email us at email@example.com with your resume and cover letter. The subject line should be the name of the job listing.