JOB TITLE: Project Manager – VoIP Upgrades
Typically responsible for planning and execution of software upgrades and build updates for existing VoIP customers. Responsibilities may include planning and implementing server migrations associated to upgrades. Additional responsibilities may include single-site, smaller multi-site short-term VoIP projects. Evaluates project scope of work, and assesses resources and equipment requirements to complete scope of work. Utilizes standardized upgrade/migration methodology to insure efficient and affective completion of projects. Reviews and reports progress with stakeholders to ensure problems are properly addressed in a timely manner. May require ongoing training in project management processes, network, and telecom standards. Familiar with VoIP concepts, deployment practices, and procedures to deploy VoIP systems. Relies on experience and judgment to properly plan and accomplish goals. Works under general supervision with a degree of creativity and latitude is required. Reports to Director of Service & Delivery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning and execution of software version and build upgrades for existing customers
- Focus on documenting and oversee resolution of customer issues as it pertains to upgrades
- Maintain enterprise level associated to current products that are supported (ShoreTel, Mitel, Microsoft server, Citrix, VMware, HyperV)
- Ongoing, regular updates to customers to keep them apprised of upgrade progress
- Technical assistance for hardware, software and/or applications
- Providing on-site and remote project management support
- Participate in off hours and on call rotation
- Experience with Voice over IP
- Understanding of basic VoIP concepts
- Understanding of LAN and WAN principals
- Ability to use basic troubleshooting and problem solving
- Must be a team player with excellent collaborative skills
- Demonstrates team building skills.
- Fast learner able to come up to speed rapidly on new technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to participate in multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively
- Ability to handle escalations and small projects with minimal supervision
- MS Project; General ShoreTel VoIP knowledge; Enterprise Call Center; MS Server 2008, 2012, 2016; VMware 5.5, 6.0, 6.5; MS HyperV.
- General Networking understanding, including but not limited to: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, SSL Certificates.
- Experience managing projects in the VOIP, PBX, and data communications fields.
- 15% travel to customer sites
How to Apply:
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter. The subject line should be the name of the job listing. We look forward to hearing from you!