Service Desk VoIP Engineer I/II
The candidate must have at least 1-2 years of experience in the field partnered with an understanding of VoIP telephony concepts. Experience in call centers and help desk troubleshooting is preferred. If you have a desire to deliver top notch customer support and you are 100% accountable this is the position for you to consider. This is a great opportunity for someone who is ready to take their strong telephony/ data networking skills to the next level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Focus on rapid identification and resolution of TAC related customer issues.
- Answer questions and perform initial triage on customer support tickets.
- Troubleshoot and resolve voice and data network issues to resolution.
- Manage, troubleshoot, and maintain enterprise level call centers.
- Timely and effective resolution to tickets based on internal and external service level agreements.
- Ongoing, regular updates to customers to keep them apprised of progress toward problem resolution.
- Technical assistance for hardware, software and/or applications.
- Providing on-site installation and other professional services as needed.
- Participate in off hours and on call rotation.
- Experience with Microsoft Server Platforms 2003, 2008, and 2012
- Experience with VoIP and IP Network troubleshooting.
- Understanding of basic network concepts such as routing and sub netting, jitter, and latency
- Understanding of LAN and WAN principals
- Thorough understanding of VOIP protocols, PBX methodologies and functionalities, (Shoretel, Lifesize, Telstrat, Oaisys).
- Knowledge, understanding, and practical application of basic computer systems including disk management, file systems, memory management and related concepts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to participate in multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to handle escalations and small projects with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of switch features, trunking, routing, line translations and testing. Understanding of network troubleshooting diagnostics and methodologies (ping, traceroute, etc.)
- VMWare ESXi / vSphere installation and management.
- Experience providing services in the VOIP, PBX and data communications fields.
- Hands-on experience with WAN network technologies, including T1 circuits, point-to-point, and MPLS configurations.
- Experience in a TAC/NOC/Call Center environment that requires 24x7x365 coverage (required to work rotating on-call schedule).
- Strong understanding of SIP trunking and protocols.
- 5% travel to customer sites
How to Apply:
- Please email us at email@example.com with your resume and cover letter. The subject line should be the name of the job listing. We look forward to hearing from you!