Have you outgrown your current ShoreTel VAR?
Are you dependent on a single engineer that may or may not be on vacation?
Has your VAR abandoned the premise ShoreTel Market?
We can help, by providing ShoreTel support you can count on to keep your enterprise communications up and running so your teams can get things done.
ShoreTel support is one of those things you might not think about until you need it.
But then you get a “the phones are down” email from sales staff unable to call their prospects—or from the contact center manager whose support center just went silent.
That’s when you need a ShoreTel support partner you can reach at any time – a trusted advisor who can troubleshoot the problem and get your phones back up quickly.
Packet Fusion has been the #1 ShoreTel/Mitel Partner of the Year for five out of eight years, we support 550 ShoreTel customers, and have 27 Certified Mitel Engineers on staff. But we’re most proud of what our customers think about us. One way that is gauged is with a Net Promoter Score (NPS), which measures customer satisfaction. Our NPS is 83—higher than Apple or Starbucks. To us, that means we are going above and beyond to make certain our customers are highly satisfied.
At Packet Fusion, we work with you to:
- Proactively monitor your system to keep it running properly
- Install software patches and system updates to keep your system current at no charge
- Be there and ready to help when your phone system goes down
- Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity planning and testing. The system is supposed to fail over, but does it actually do that?
- Managed Service. From outsourced help desk to man on site to your equipment in our colo, we can customize a package for your needs.
- Training plan. Are you using the system to its fullest extent?
- Healthcheck. Enables Packet Fusion do a complimentary health check of your current ShoreTel environment.
- Remain current and up to date on all ShoreTel and industry-related items with your one-on-one time with your Packet Fusion management team.
Expert Support with Packet Fusion
We give you expert support with 27 Tier II Certified ShoreTel engineers, and a state-of-the-art Network Operations Center. We deliver:
- Proactive real-time monitoring for both your voice and data network
- Automatic configuration backups
- Help desk resources 24 x 7 x 365
- Onsite assistance and technical resources throughout the world
- Stocked emergency replacements parts delivered in person
- Contact Center division to design and support advanced environments
- LAN/WAN expertise with CCNA, CCNP and CCIE certifications.
- 98.5% customer satisfaction rating that can’t be beat
Global ShoreTel Support
ShoreTel and Migrating to Mitel’s Connect platform
Mitel will be supporting ShoreTel 14.2 software, Enterprise Contact Center and Mobility 8 until September 30, 2020.
How will this affect you?
Plan your migration path to Mitel’s Connect Platform
Mitel’s purchase of ShoreTel means that ShoreTel Connect is now called Mitel MiVoice Connect. Connect is the newest version of Mitel’s Unified Collaboration and Communications client, providing users with an updated look and feel. It includes functionality such as Presence, Softphone, Intstant Messaging and Video Conferencing.
Mitel has committed to supporting ShoreTel 14.2 software, Enterprise Contact Center and Mobility 8 only until September 30, 2020.
Additionally, SG switches (SG30, SG50, SG90(V), SGT1K, SG220T1, SG220T1a) will no longer be available for purchase from ShoreTel/Mitel after June 30th of 2018.
Let us assist you with planning a migration path to Mitel’s Connect platform – which offers onsite and cloud options including 40 advanced apps, CRM integration, collaboration tools, mobility and more. There’s no need to discard your investment in your ShoreTel solution to move to the cloud.
How do you get Mitel Connect?
The software upgrade is included in our Mitel support offering at no charge. Contact your sales rep for questions or firstname.lastname@example.org
When should you upgrade to Connect?
We would recommend soon as the new tools are incredible and now one doesn’t need to go to the cloud to take advantage of all the new Unified Communications features. If you want to wait, Mitel has committed to supporting ShoreTel 14.2 software, Enterprise Contact Center and Mobility 8 only until September 30, 2020.
Let us assist you with planning a migration path to Mitel’s Connect platform – which offers onsite and cloud options including 40 advanced apps, CRM integration, collaboration tools, mobility and more. There’s no need to discard your existing investment in your ShoreTel solution to move to the cloud.
7 Most Asked Questions about ShoreTel Migration to Mitel Connect
1. When you tell me that ShoreTel has reached the end of life, what does that really mean?
Mitel acquired ShoreTel in 2017. The Connect platform changed in brand name only. The ShoreTel technology underpins the Mitel Connect platform, which is now called Mitel MiVoice Connect. Mitel announced the end of life of the ShoreTel 14.2 software and all previous software releases. And while ShoreTel 14.2 will still be supported through December 2020, all future bug fixes will be rolled into Connect releases. Support for software updates/bug fixes will no longer be provided for ShoreTel 14.2 beginning 2020.
2. What are the requirements for us to upgrade to Connect?
While there are not many “requirements” for upgrading to Connect, there are some infrastructure requirements that should be noted:
- Must be on ShoreTel version 13.x or 14.x
- If you are using Enterprise Contact Center, you will need the 8.x or 9.x versions to upgrade to Connect Contact Center
- Mobility needs to be on 8.x
- 64bit Windows is required
- VMWare ESXi 5.5 or 6 is needed if you are looking to utilize any of the virtual switches and appliances
- 30 GB HDD is minimum
3. Will we be able to use the same desktop handsets?
All handsets continue to be supported on Connect Premise. Only the 400 series handsets are supported on the Connect Cloud. With Connect, the EdgeGateway will replace the VPN Concentrator. The phones from the VPN concentrator will not work with the EdgeGateway. Only the 400 series phones work with the EdgeGateway.
4. Are there any free perks with the migration to Connect?
When migrating to Connect from 14.2 there is a free license upgrade to Essentials Bundle for All Extension & Mailbox license. With Connect you also have access to extra features such as:
- EdgeGateway – The ability to have remote users connect their Connect Client and/or 400 series phones without the need for VPN.
- Connect for Mobile
- Connect Telephony for Microsoft (Skype for Business integration)
- Connect for Chrome
- Web/App Dialer
- Video License
- Google Chrome Extension
5. Are new licensing bundles associated with Connect?
All ShoreTel models have been bundled into the Connect licensing based upon 5 bundled licenses:
The good news is that you will have the ability to upgrade every license type except Courtesy. If you want to talk more about licensing options, please contact your account executive.
6. Will the new Connect Client be hard to learn?
While different than the existing client on 14.2, the Connect client offers a more modern user interface that has been well received in the market. Simplicity and ease of use is the hallmark of Connect. In addition, Mitel has invested large amounts of R&D dollars to ensure their platform continues to best in class. Continued learning and training for Connect is available through built-in links to the latest Connect Client User Guide and Training videos.
7. What is involved in this migration as far as downtime and cost?
Depending on the size and sophistication of your system, downtime for a migration to Connect is estimated to be between 2-6 hours. As for cost, all the labor and licensing to upgrade the core platform to Connect is no charge as long as you are under a support agreement with Packet Fusion. Server and OS costs are not included. Any onsite training for your end users would also be an additional cost.
In summary, everything you have remains as is. Your investment is sound. We have already begun migrating our ShoreTel customer-base and there is no cost as long as you are under a Packet Fusion support agreement. If you do not have a support agreement, our advice is to start evaluating your options now – before you find yourself in a time critical situation.
The Impact of Mitel’s Acquisition on ShoreTel Users
TECH TALK WITH CEO, MATT PINGATORE
What is Mitel’s plan for the ShoreTel product? Is a forklift upgrade required to take advantage of the future offerings? Do you have to discard your investment in your ShoreTel solution to transition to the cloud? What is the roadmap for product cinnovation at Mitel?
Now that the acquisition dust has settled, our customers are wondering how this shift to Mitel will impact their business. I thought it’d be helpful to hear some perspective on the impact of the Mitel’s acquisition, and what the new product roadmap means to the ShoreTel user base. Packet Fusion remains dedicated to providing the best highly sophisticated software combined with the simplicity of technology that ShoreTel offered. And, we are happy to report that we believe your existing investment has a compelling roadmap going forward.
THE IMPACT OF THE DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION ON YOUR COMMUNICATION
The age of digital transformation has created a modern office that gives businesses the ability to create collaborative teams that work from any location as a result of cloud-based applications, mobility and collaboration tools. Mitel and other phone manufacturers are racing to provide customers with productivity tools and business analytics to enable you to get so much more from your business phone investment. We know that as businesses continue to leverage private and public cloud options to provide for a more elastic and remote workforce, the best manufacturers will find innovative, yet simpler ways to meet employee and customer demands.
IS THERE A SMOOTH TRANSITION TO THE CLOUD AND WILL MITEL PROVIDE IT?
Communications technology is changing rapidly. Unified Communications represents a big step forward from VoIP, as the focus shifts from business communication to business connectivity. Many businesses perceive they must make the move to the cloud to access additional communication and collaboration features.
We posed this question to the Mitel Product Development team and their response was encouraging. They acknowledged that they would continue to focus on both the heritage Mitel and ShoreTel platforms, stating “these products are still our flagship offerings in our market”. To help businesses make a smoother transition to the cloud, Mitel is working on a “bridge” called Cloud Link that allows ShoreTel Connect* users to continue to use their business communication systems with access to cloud-based products such as advanced applications and mobility without having to discard what they currently have in place today.
* ShoreTel Connect is the release that followed 14.2. [Read other reviews about Cloud Link.]
EXPECT A “MIGRATION LINK” TO THE CLOUD
Mitel, like all other communication providers, is working to transition from a Call Control Manufacturer to a Value-Add Application provider. What used to be one-size fits all approach to voice communication and collaboration is now a race to add greater flexibility. Custom applications that fit individual working environments will give you the flexibility to do it your way. A new link is emerging that bridges the gap between legacy or traditional on-premises systems, making them cloud capable over time without having to discard their current investment.
TODAY MITEL HAS BUILT THEIR R&D CYCLES AROUND THREE KEY ELEMENTS:
- CloudLink Gateway– enabling Onsite Cloud Control to leverage applications in the Cloud. The benefit to you is simple, you maintain control of your entire business voice infrastructure while being able to leverage advanced applications in the cloud.
- CloudLink Applications – an online library of applications customers can use to enhance their everyday functions. This platform gives Mitel users the power to create their own applications for vertical or customer specific use.
- Office Link (tailored to small businesses) and designed to take the power that MiCollaboration brings to the table while giving businesses only what they need so that you only pay for what you use.
It should be noted that Cloudlink is still in development. The anticipated release date is June 1, 2018. Mitel Cloudlink’s broad portfolio is underscored by key ShoreTel solutions including ShoreTel Connect ONSITE and ShoreTel Connect CLOUD, now rebranded as MiVoice Connect and MiCloud Connect.
We believe this roadmap demonstrates Mitel’s ability to predict changes that will impact how we communicate and how quickly we migrate to the cloud. The portfolio provides choice and flexibility to deliver to you the best path to the cloud, giving you migration path options that have not been available to date.
ShoreTel to Mitel Product Name Transition
WHAT’S IN STORE FOR SHORETEL CUSTOMERS?
First of all, on-going, never-ending support from the team at Packet Fusion!
Mitel has committed to continue supporting heritage ShoreTel products. You can make no change and still be safe with your investment in ShoreTel Connect. Mitel’s roadmap is underscored by ShoreTel Connect technology. You can expect support and future enhancement as long as you are under a support agreement with Packet Fusion (or other partners).
Not familiar with Connect?
Many of our customers have yet to upgrade to ShoreTel Connect. Packet Fusion is just beginning to transition our customer base from ShoreTel 14.2 to Connect. Expect to hear more from us about our upgrade plan.
Moving to the cloud isn’t a fit for every business
Be assured that Mitel has committed R&D on the Connect Platform for future on-premise features and productivity applications. Even if you do nothing, your ShoreTel solution will continue to perform. We believe a move to the cloud should depend on your business needs, not on what is being peddled by any given vendor.
PACKET FUSION CAN HELP YOU GET MOST OUT OF YOUR SHORETEL INVESTMENT.
If you have questions about how the Mitel roadmap impacts your ShoreTel solution specifically, let us know how we can help.